Please click here for an update on CPD requirements for 2013
Apply for approval of CPD training now.
- Courses run by approved organisations will be accepted for CPD credit without seeking prior approval from Council. (See below.) All other courses require council approval.
- There are no compulsory courses.
The CPD requirements for 2013 are as follows:
- Minimum of 25 credits required with:
- At least 15 credits being face-to-face (1 hour of attendance = 1 credit, subject to satisfactory completion of the course/activity).
- The maximum number of carry-over credits into 2014 will be 15 credits.
- CPD undertaken, other than that with approved providers, will need Council approval.
Approved Provider List
The following approved provider list is not exhaustive and additional providers may be added later.
NZ Universities Masters level Papers: - (Delivery may by Distance / on line or in-attendance modes)
- Postgraduate Health Sciences Courses at the University of Otago
- Postgraduate Courses from the AUT Dept of Health & Environmental Sciences.
Osteopathic Post Grad / Specialist Training Organizations - (Delivery: in attendance only)
- Sutherland Cranial College
- UK Sutherland Foundation
- Chiropractic & Osteopathic College of Australasia (COCA)
- NZ Pain Society
- Upledger Institute
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Physiotherapy Acupuncture Association of New Zealand (PAANZ) - WMA Scope Holders Only
- American Osteopathic Association
- British Osteopathic Association
- Australian Osteopathic Association (Convocation)
- Medscape CME (maximum 10 credits)
- Health Professional CPD (maximum 10 credits)
- International Society for Osteopathic Practice (ISOP)
- Osteopaths New Zealand (ONZ)
Registrants must provide proof of having completed courses to the required standard and of attending conferences/seminars for the claimed time. Proof usually consists of a certificate or letter signed by the course provider confirming that the course has been completed satisfactorily.
For further information email the Registrar:
Below is a press release regarding the High Court sentence for Richard Davis.
The Trainee Osteopath Scope of Practice for UNITEC graduates is now available.
Click here to read the details.
New Scopes of Practice have now been gazetted. Click here to read the details.