Apply for approval of CPD training now.
- Courses submitted to the Council are assessed for CPD points on the outline of the course, the person delivering the course and the timeframe of the course delivery. It does not look into the content and therefore cannot guarantee that the course and the person delivereing it will be credible and professional.
- Courses run by approved organisations will be accepted for CPD credit without seeking prior approval from Council. (See below.) All other courses require council approval.
- There are no compulsory courses.
The CPD requirements for 2014 are as follows:
- Minimum of 25 credits required with:
- At least 15 credits being face-to-face (1 hour of attendance = 1 credit, subject to satisfactory completion of the course/activity).
- The maximum number of carry-over credits into 2015 will be 15 credits.
- CPD undertaken, other than that with approved providers, will need Council approval.
Approved Provider List
The following approved provider list is not exhaustive and additional providers may be added later.
NZ Universities Masters level Papers: - (Delivery may be by distance / on-line or in-attendance modes)
- Postgraduate Health Sciences Courses at the University of Otago
- Postgraduate Courses from the AUT Dept of Health & Environmental Sciences.
Osteopathic Post Grad / Specialist Training Organizations - (Delivery: in attendance only)
- Chiropractic & Osteopathic College of Australasia (COCA)
- NZ Pain Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Physiotherapy Acupuncture Association of New Zealand (PAANZ) - WMA Scope Holders Only
- American Osteopathic Association
- British Osteopathic Association
- Australian Osteopathic Association (Convocation)
- Medscape CME (maximum 10 credits)
- International Society for Osteopathic Practice (ISOP)
- Osteopaths New Zealand (ONZ)
Registrants must provide proof of having completed courses to the required standard and of attending conferences/seminars for the claimed time. Proof usually consists of a certificate or letter signed by the course provider confirming that the course has been completed satisfactorily.
For further information email the Registrar:
The Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal (HPDT) has released their decision regarding Mr Paul Bolton.
Click here to read it....
The Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal (HPDT) has released their decision regarding Mr Richard Davis.
Click here to read it.
2015 Regional Conferences are now open for registration. They will be held at the following locations and dates:
Christchurch - June 6th
Auckland - September 12th
Wellington - November 7th
Please click here for an agenda and here for a registration form.